Gauges are meant to give you an idea of how much oil is in your tank. That is why it is best to always order at 1/4.
- The most common sized tanks are 275 and 330 gallons
- A tank cannot be filled to the top, Oil expands and contracts with temperature.
- A whistle is about 6 inches down from the top of the tank
- A whistle alerts the driver when to shut down the delivery
- A 275 tank will hold about 250 gallons , A 330 tank will hold about 300 gallons
- Not all gauges are the same
- Yellow gauges you go by the top of the yellow part